RE: Please make sure that you do not run your WLAN in ad hoc mode

> Are you saying we should use 802.11a because it
> works better or is somehow isolated from malicious or accidental
> misuse?

No, 802.11a is usually not as good.
That's why fewer chipsets bother supporting it,
and thus there was less interference for those which do.

This is simply a case where in a multiple-standard environment
the less prevalent one gains an advantage.
(Another case - less common operating systems and software
are attacked by fewer viruses.)

Y(J)S