Re: Last Call: 'Requirements for IETF Draft Submission Toolset' to Informational RFC

On Apr 6, 2005 5:38 AM, Bruce Lilly <blilly@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The biggest problem with XML editors is that they are unproductive.
> Editing XML in all of the ones I've seen goes something like:
> [mouse,icon,click,type a bit,mouse,...]

I've found that I can mostly avoid the mouse using XMLmind's XML
editor and my xml2rfc plugin
(http://rtg.ietf.org/~fenner/ietf/xml2rfc-xxe/).  xxe has been
designed to have keyboard shortcuts for most common operations and
I've tried to continue that (e.g., "enter" to insert a new paragraph
or split the current one at the cursor).

I have to admit that I use nroff about 75% of the time and XML about
25%, I'm much happier about the postscript/PDF output options from
nroff than from XML, and I can't imagine having written the 120-page
PIM spec in XML.

  Bill