Re: Last Call: 'Requirements for IETF Draft Submission Toolset' to Informational RFC

On Wed, 2005/04/06 (MDT), <fenner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have to admit that I use nroff about 75% of the time and XML about
25%, I'm much happier about the postscript/PDF output options from
nroff than from XML,

To be fair, poor output quality is not XML's fault, it is tool's fault. Popular tools improve with time (and IETF can influence/speedup such improvement if needed).

and I can't imagine having written the 120-page PIM spec in XML.

My largest XML-based RFC is only 60 pages, but I do not see why 120 pages would be "too long" for XML. Can you clarify? Just curious...

Thank you,

Alex.