Re: TELNET to HISTORIC Re: FTP

From: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 17 July 2024 13:25

On 7/17/24 7:44 AM, Keith Moore wrote:
> On 7/17/24 06:30, Brian Carpenter wrote:
>
>> As for email delays, that must be your email provider's problem. I
>> get IETF email 24x7.
>
> I haven't figured out the specific problem, but when I use the IETF
> IMAP server I'm getting behavior similar to that Tom describes, since
> the recent server changes.

It's not clear from what Tom's said that he's using IMAP - I suspect
he's talking about regular mailman subscriptions. Tom - if that's right
and you're seeing significant delays from _that_, let me know when you
see it again and I'll look at when the messages left the IETF servers.

<tp>

Robert

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, next time I see a delay I will tell you;  as you surmise I am not using IMAP but e-mails and Firefox; I see no evidence of an issue with Firefox nor with high activity lists such as this one.

Tom Petch

As for the IMAP server - Keith - I haven't heard the complaint of delays
for messages getting into the archives served over IMAP generally. There
was an issue with new lists appearing in a timely fashion and that's
been addressed. I use the IMAP server extensively and haven't noted such
delays myself - it would be good to isolate what's different about our
setups. When you next notice the issue, please let me know.

RjS