Re: Fact check Re: SMTP and IPv6

On Mon, 1 Jul 2024, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
So if the IETF was willing to send SMTP/IPv6 then, Gmail wasn't playing. Does anybody have evidence that it actually worked?

Yeah, logs on my mail server show over 4000 messages delivered via IPv6 from the IETF to me from 2017, when the logs start, until this March.

I have to say that the implication that the people running the IETF's mail system are incompetent fools is getting a little old.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxxx, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY