Re: [Ietf-dkim] WG Action: Formed Mail Maintenance (mailmaint) / Commitment

Murray S. Kucherawy <superuser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > OLD:
    > • Prior to accepting any Standards Track document for development, there
    > must be a commitment to implement the resulting proposed standard from at
    > least two independent parties, as recorded on a related IETF mailing list.

    > NEW #1:
    > • Prior to accepting any Standards Track document for development, there
    > must be an indication from at least two independent parties that they
    > intend to implement the resulting proposed standard, as recorded on a
    > related IETF mailing list.

    > NEW #2:
    > • Prior to accepting any Standards Track document for development, there
    > must be an indication from at least two independent parties that they are
    > interested in implementing the resulting proposed standard, as recorded on
    > a related IETF mailing list.

Hi, I objected to this adoption criteria when you first posted a few weeks
ago.  I think it's an unreasonably high criteria for WG adoption.  It goes
entirely in the wrong direction in my opinion for WG adoption criterion.

BUT: I had no problem with applying an IDR-like criteria for getting through WGLC.
Certainly email is as critical as BGP.

I don't see much different between #1/#2. "intend" vs "interested"
I also felt that that we were trying to micromanage future WG chairs and ADs,
and that the problem being addressed is really a management, supervision and
trust issue.  Murray disagreed: citing some case where there was significant
disagreement about what a charter said when ADs and WG chairs had changed.

I've read through this thread, and I will say that I do not feel as strongly
as many others seem to.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )