[Last-Call] Re: Yangdoctors last call review of draft-ietf-bfd-large-packets-07

Jürgen,

On 5/13/24, 11:56, "Jürgen Schönwälder" <jschoenwaelder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jschoenwaelder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>ersity> wrote:
> "The padded PDU size for the encapsulated BFD control packets.
> The minimum size is 24 or 26; see Section 6.8.6 of RFC 5880.
> The maximum PDU size may be limited by the supported interface
> MTU of the system.";
>

> Perhaps you meant the "The size of encapsulated and padded BFD control
> packets"? I may have also been mislead by the "minimum size is 24 or
> 26" since this seems to be the minimum BFD control packet size without
> any encapsulation. In the last sentence, did you mean the "maximum
> padded PDU size"?

How about the following?

     description
-      "The padded PDU size for the encapsulated BFD control packets.
-       The minimum size is 24 or 26; see Section 6.8.6 of RFC 5880.
-       The maximum PDU size may be limited by the supported interface
+      "The size of the padded and encapsulated BFD control packets
+       to be transmitted at layer 3.  The BFD minimum control packet
+       size is 24 or 26 octets; see Section 6.8.6 of RFC 5880.
+
+       The effective padded-pdu-size per BFD session will be
+       increased from the configured value to the minimum sized
+       packet for that encapsulation capable of carrying the BFD
+       control packet.
+
+       The maximum padded PDU size may be limited by the supported interface

> This may also be a failure of my non-native English language
> processor.

I appreciate your attention to detail on this point. :-)

-- Jeff

Juniper Business Use Only