Re: Bot postings, was Re: Messages from the ietf list for the week ending Sun Oct 8 06:00:02 2023

On Sat, Oct 14, 2023 at 3:29 PM Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here, you have a basically useless spam bot that some people have problems
> with.

I have no problem with the bot's mails. I do have a problem with those
being complained about as if they were a significant problem.

You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but you did not get IETF consensus, did you?

Bot emails are banned by the list charter in any reasonable reading.

I thought of some other ways to respond. I didn't do them, but here they are:

1) Send an email summary of list emails over the past 24 hours (too frequent, very bad)
2) Send the summary email a few hours before the usual bot
3) Characterize the content of the emails in an automatic way, but using a metric decided by the author

I think we can all agree those actions would be bad behavior. So, what's different here?

Write a draft and get consensus. What is so mysterious about that process?

thanks,
Rob