Re: Bot postings, was Re: Messages from the ietf list for the week ending Sun Oct 8 06:00:02 2023

On Sat, Oct 14, 2023 at 1:14 PM John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
And, as Brian has
more or less pointed out, this thread has consumed far more
postings and energy that deleting or filtering out messages from
the bot ever could.

Well, you're wrong, in my opinion. It is certainly true that you can tune up a message filter.

But new people can't do that. How would they know?

Here, you have a basically useless spam bot that some people have problems with.

But it is actually worse than that, since some of the messages here are performative dismissiveness. Just how entitled do you have to be to write "I am muting this thread"? You could just mute it...

thanks,
Rob