Re: The IETF's email mess [was: RE: Large messages to 6man list]

From: ietf <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx> on behalf of S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 23 August 2023 08:55

Hi Eduard,
At 12:32 AM 23-08-2023, Vasilenko Eduard wrote:
>Maybe I do not understand what tools chairs have.

There is a web page where the moderator/mailing list administrator
can adjust the default settings, e.g. maximum message size.

>Pascal and I had a hot discussion about one technology. We were
>using HTML (that probably cross the 80k limit).

I took a quick look at the mailing list traffic.  There were three
emails over 80 KB.

>Of course, we are subscribed to the 6man.
>Then Chair asked us to do something (plain text, cut history,
>whatever) to release him from the duty of approving manually our e-mails.
>Of course, it is not right that somebody should approve my e-mails manually.

The alternatives are:

   (a) increase the limit for maximum message size.

   (b) Get consensus on what you were requested to do.

The first alternative is easier.

<tp>
And the most anti-social IMHO.

If you cannot say it in 80kbyte, then I do not want to read it:-(

Tom Petch

p.s.
When the e-mails gets large, for some meaning of the word, I look to edit out the thread up to the last post of the person I am responding to.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy