RE: The IETF's email mess [was: RE: Large messages to 6man list]

Hi Eduard,
At 12:32 AM 23-08-2023, Vasilenko Eduard wrote:
Maybe I do not understand what tools chairs have.

There is a web page where the moderator/mailing list administrator can adjust the default settings, e.g. maximum message size.

Pascal and I had a hot discussion about one technology. We were using HTML (that probably cross the 80k limit).

I took a quick look at the mailing list traffic. There were three emails over 80 KB.

Of course, we are subscribed to the 6man.
Then Chair asked us to do something (plain text, cut history, whatever) to release him from the duty of approving manually our e-mails.
Of course, it is not right that somebody should approve my e-mails manually.

The alternatives are:

  (a) increase the limit for maximum message size.

  (b) Get consensus on what you were requested to do.

The first alternative is easier.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy