Re: [117attendees] Meeting frequeney (was: Re: Making meeting attendance more affordable)

+1, except that i do not think a decision to change in-person
meeting frequency would one where normal "rough IETF consensus" would suffice.

Normal "IETF consensus" as for WGLC/IETF-last call really always only
reaches a part of the members of the community interrested in thre subject
matter. For something like changing meeting frequency, we can not
do this, because i think there is just a big risk of a lot of
bias in the active technical community. Such as in manycouches.

I'd like to see something like "strong IETF consensus" to be defined.
Should involve some significant majority of a questionaire based
feedback round.

Given how with dwindling travel budgets in many involved parties, a
lot of participants that can only afford to go to IETF in person once
a year in their region would like this frequency to go down to less
than once a year.

Cheers
    Toerless