Re: Making meeting attendance more affordable

On 27 Jul 2023, at 10:01, Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Salz, Rich <rsalz=40akamai.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Discounted registration for a first-time attendee. Perhaps in

My (running) hash charges for first-time attendees, but it's free for the
second time.  This is to encourage people to return.

Make one of the meetings decentralized. Held simultaneously in multiple
places around the globe. Getting the logistics and timezones equitable
will be hard, but it would also greatly reduce our CO2 usage.

manycouches started this discussion, and a conclusion was that we should add
a fourth meeting that was fully-online, and then maybe we can step down the
three.

That was a suggestion, not a conclusion.  There is no plan to add a fourth meeting.

cheers
Jay

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )