QR Code data transfer protocol?

Is there an existing protocol to transfer a data file via QR codes?

Say one computer shows a QR code on it screen and the second "reads" it.

It displays a ACK QR code that the 1st can read.

and so forth.

The application is for a disconnected system to "safely" receive a data file to inspect and use and have a high degree of confidence that nothing else is sneaking through.

I want this for transfering a PKIX CSR to an offline signing CA that would then respond with the cert (or a NAK to the CSR).

See

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-drip-dki/

For the actual use case.

I will be at IETF and am interested in working on this on Linux (Fedora 38).

thanks!

Bob