Re: QR Code data transfer protocol?

Robert Moskowitz <rgm-ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > Is there an existing protocol to transfer a data file via QR codes?

    > Say one computer shows a QR code on it screen and the second "reads"
    > it.

My impression is that TIGRESS aims to include QRcode as a way to initiate the
credential transfer.  Other transports would be various kinds of (instant) messaging.

    > The application is for a disconnected system to "safely" receive a data
    > file to inspect and use and have a high degree of confidence that
    > nothing else is sneaking through.

TIGRESS does not really allow the receiver to be *offline*, but not connected
directly to the sender.  If your content is small enough, I imagine one could
use data:// URL within the QR code itself.

    > I want this for transfering a PKIX CSR to an offline signing CA that
    > would then respond with the cert (or a NAK to the CSR).

All over QRcode?
And is if offline that you really want, or just assurance of physical proximity?

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [