Re: Interim (and other) meeting guidelines versus openness, transparency, inclusion, and outreach

Hi Keith,

On Sat, Jul 15, 2023 at 11:55 PM Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 7/15/23 16:22, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
1) Having virtual interims is a welcome development. My strong preference is for bi weekly virtual conference calls.
I emphatically disagree.  That's a great way for WGs to become echo chambers and to exclude broad participation.  Again, any WG that is doing this should be shut down, or at least suspended.

I agree that *Interim_Group* excludes the WG_participants, it become a new IETF way of exclusion, before 10 years I seen what they called Design_Team, as experts to solve a specific problem which that team's discussion doesn't appear in the WG_lists, Does our procedure allow that? if it does it should change to include a report of all agreement and disagreement of that team. However,

Design_team seems better solution because it is remote as similar to interim_group, but it is different that interim is trying to become the WG without doing the procedure of ietf_design_team, and that this interim_meeting becomes a WG_meeting having to discuss what cannot be discussed in design_team.

Regards
AB