Re: [Last-Call] [dhcwg] Intdir telechat review of draft-ietf-opsawg-add-encrypted-dns-10

Hi Tatuya,

Thank you for the feedback.

Please see inline.

Cheers,
Med

[Med] The base specs + 6977 provides good pointers for security considerations that are relevant to DHCP-triggered reconfiguration upon receipt of CoA. Both considerations at the servers/relays are covered in these specs. If you have better informative pointers, please share them. Thanks.

 What I expected in this draft
> in this context is how such discussions can apply to this specific
> usage of Section 5.

[Med] Section 5 illustrates how CoA-requests can be used to carry the new attributes and how a change of the configuration is propagated till the requesting client. Security considerations on the server/relay--dhcp clients are those that are discussed in the generic documents + specific dhcp options. Hence, the current wording in the Sec Sections.

 I'm fine with deferring such a discussion to
> draft-ietf-add-dnr; I'm also fine with just removing any reference
> to Reconfigure from this draft (and maybe stating that's an out-
> of-scope topic).

[Med] I don't understand this position as what we are discussing here is ** an example ** (not a reco or a new feature) to illustrate the use of the attributes with CoA. That example wouldn’t be complete if the DHCP leg is not exemplified as well. Issues with reconfigure are well-known and adequate references for readers who want to learn more are now provided in the document.

 But the added reference to RFC6977 doesn't
> address my point.
>
> > [Med] Thanks. We went with a more elaborated version to better
> explain
> > the intent and call out the constraints:
>
> Thank you for the update. It looks good to me.

[Med] Great.

> --
> jinmei

Thank you.