Re: IETF e-mail junked

On Thu 22/Dec/2022 05:03:33 +0100 Martin J. Dürst wrote:

My impression is that over time, that has led to an improvement of the situation (to around 1 false positive per day, from maybe 5 or so). But the false positives are still all over the place. This ranges from half-way explainable situations (new names,...) to complete mysteries, such as mails from an address that I designated as 'Do not classify anything from this sender as junk' over and over when that feature was still available.
[...]
The ideal thing would be if the ESP offered an opt-out "Do not filter out spam.". Last time I checked, there was no such thing.

I suspect that that /designating an address/ as wanted is an ill conditioned filter leftover from the early anti-spam filtering attempts. Albeit the IETF standardized email authentication protocols like SPF and DKIM, they don't seem to be used for whitelisting by users. If they were, users would be designating a signing domain or an emitting domain, not an email address, as wanted.

Best
Ale