Re: spam is still bad, was IETF e-mail junked

It appears that Alessandro Vesely  <vesely@xxxxxxx> said:
>I suspect that that /designating an address/ as wanted is an ill conditioned
>filter leftover from the early anti-spam filtering attempts.

It's common for spam filters to use the receipient's address book as a
sender whitelist. It's not perfect, since it also needs to deal with
situations where the sender is faked, or the real sender's account is
compromised, but it works pretty well.

>If they were, users would be designating
>a signing domain or an emitting domain, not an email address, as wanted.

I doubt that one mail user in 10,000 has any idea what a signing domain or
an envelope address is.  Not gonna happen.

R's,
John