Re: [External] Re: RFC 8958 needs to be removed

On 10/28/22 10:14, Timothy Mcsweeney wrote:

I think I understand.  You're saying that it's OK to infringe on copyrights if nobody complains.

There's no reason to assume infringement here.  Copyright holders are free to sell or transfer their works or copies of their works, sell or transfer any of the specific rights to them delegated under copyright law, license those works or any of those specific rights to others under terms that the licensee and rights holder find mutually acceptable, or simply agree not to sue some or all parties for some or all kinds of infringement.   As far as I know, the rights holders have have no duty to publicly disclose any of those agreements at all, in the copyrighted work or elsewhere.   A copyright notice doesn't have to be accompanied by any sort of license.  And even if it does, there's no reason to assume that that's the only license.

Keith