Re: RFC 8958 needs to be removed

> On 10/27/2022 2:02 PM EDT Pete Resnick <resnick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> On 27 Oct 2022, at 11:04, touch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >> On Oct 27, 2022, at 8:49 AM, Pete Resnick
> >> <resnick=40episteme.net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> No, it isn't. The establishment of the IETF Trust assigned all
> >> copyrights on exi[s]ting RFCs from the Internet Society to the IETF
> >> Trust. See https://trustee.ietf.org
> >
> > Not all existing RFCs - only those published after a particular date
> > (which I don’t recall). Those published before that date needed to
> > have copyright transferred from the authors - and not all authors
> > (myself included) have done so.
> >
> > Joe
>
> So, to be clear: ISOC assigned all of *its* copyrights to the IETF
> Trust; obviously it couldn't assign authors' copyrights. But the
> pre-5378 issue is irrelevant in this case: Even pre-5378, authors always
> granted a license for their work to be copied, used, and modified
> *within the IETF*, and 8958 is an IETF BCP and clearly within IETF
> process. The pre-5378 issue is that the Trust can't allow work to be
> used *outside* of the IETF process without the original authors'
> permission.

Rfc8958 does not include the required language to conform to the copyright and receive permissions its claims have been granted.  Time to get rid of rfc8958.

Rfc3405 copyright says:
"...provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph are included on all such copies and derivative works. ".