Re: [Last-Call] Change of position: Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins

On 10/27/22 10:03 PM, Adam Roach wrote:
On 10/27/22 20:39, John C Klensin wrote:

--On Thursday, October 27, 2022 22:27 -0500 Adam Roach
<adam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/27/2022 10:24 PM, John C Klensin wrote:
But, again, your suggestion and mine don't seem very different
in practice, especially if there are no further inappropriate
postings.
I will reiterate my previous point about the unlikelihood of
this outcome, given that there have been inappropriate
postings by Dan in this thread itself.
I believe at least most of those posting preceded the messages
from Dan about what he now understood and would not repeat in
the future.  If there are exceptions since then (I don't recall
any but have found these threads someone overwhelming), I
believe they fall into the range in which there seems to be
considerable disagreement in the community about appropriateness
or lack thereof.

Yes, the thread has become rather voluminous again, so it's understandable that you missed my most recent message on this topic. The point I was reiterating was previously made in my email archived here: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/last-call/4jcDzgVDkqtL401Cp7ne5CijOC0/

  It's a bit to unroll but I was responding to someone who called April Fools
jokes "hateful and bullying". And my response that my accuser was unable to
see the obvious parody is, according to Adam, "egregious and beyond excuse".
OK, well if that's the standard....

  Just to remind everyone, on this thread alone:

  - I've been accused, without evidence, of being "captive to a political ideology      and world view that is antithetical to the objective of creating an Internet
     that is for everyone" and Adam said nothing about that;

  - I've been accused, without evidence, of taking part in some wild conspiracy      involving being in the service of the mistress of an unnamed Russian diplomat      and vague accusations of Holocaust denial and antisemitism, and again Adam
     said nothing about that.

I'd be a bit more accepting and understanding of the types of norms that
people are suggesting for these lists if their standard was applied uniformly.

  Dan.

--
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to
escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius