Re: [Last-Call] Change of position: Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins

inline

> On 28 Oct 2022, at 17:13, Dan Harkins <dharkins@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 10/27/22 10:03 PM, Adam Roach wrote:
>>> On 10/27/22 20:39, John C Klensin wrote:
>>>
>>> --On Thursday, October 27, 2022 22:27 -0500 Adam Roach

>>> I believe at least most of those posting preceded the messages
>>> from Dan about what he now understood and would not repeat in
>>> the future.

based on the personal mails I receive from Harkins, he is clearly willing to, and continues to, repeat his behaviour privately.

>>> If there are exceptions since then (I don't recall
>>> any but have found these threads someone overwhelming), I
>>> believe they fall into the range in which there seems to be
>>> considerable disagreement in the community about appropriateness
>>> or lack thereof.
>>
>> Yes, the thread has become rather voluminous again, so it's understandable that you missed my most recent message on this topic. The point I was reiterating was previously made in my email archived here: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/last-call/4jcDzgVDkqtL401Cp7ne5CijOC0/
>
>  It's a bit to unroll but I was responding to someone who called April Fools
> jokes "hateful and bullying". And my response that my accuser was unable to see the obvious parody is, according to Adam, "egregious and beyond excuse".

That's selective editing by Harkins.

To be absolutely clear, Harkins' ad-hominem attack accused me of having dementia, simply because I held an opinion on Harkins' work that Harkins didn't like. That was egregious, and beyond excuse, as Adam says, and it is bullying.  Harkins was called on it,  then repeated that dementia accusation.

I fully understand why IESG members block personal mail from Harkins.
Harkins' constant ad-hominem attacks are tiring, wearing, and bullying. Disagree with Harkins at your peril.