Re: Notification to list from IETF Moderators team

On 10/12/22 11:32, John C Klensin wrote:

--On Wednesday, October 12, 2022 09:58 -0400 Keith Moore
<moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/12/22 09:31, John C Klensin wrote:

It seems to me that there are two nearly separate issues here.

One has to do with whether the threshold for particular
language being considered bad behavior is lower than it was a
few years, or a decade or more, ago.  "Lower threshold", in
that context, means that some words or phrases that would
have been tolerated without comment then are treated as
problems now.  I think the answer to that question is clearly
"yes".
I actually disagree that this is at all clear.
Really?  Do you believe that we are as tolerant of "bad"
language and abusive comments than we were a decade ago?
It depends entirely on who is using the bad language and/or making abusive comments.   We've moved from a position of relative tolerance for pretty much everyone, to attacking specific individuals for dubious reasons.  This, IMO, isn't any kind of improvement at all.

Keith