Re: Notification to list from IETF Moderators team

On 8/23/22 19:32, Jess Porter wrote:

just going to try to condense this for clarity:

it doesn't look like they disagreed with what Masataka said, just how they
said it

IMO, constructive disagreement would have been far better than calling out someone (as a warning to others?) for violating a hopelessly vague rule about "uncivil" speech.

I miss the days when IETF was often capable of having constructive technical discussions, even when some participants' frustration was evident, without the need for moderators or Tone Police.   As best as I can recall, some people were really good at responding constructively to less-than-perfect input, and this practice had the effect of making the community more inclusive rather than less.   That's a skill we (as a community) would do well to cultivate.

Keith