Re: Notification to list from IETF Moderators team

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 05:39:05PM +0900, Masataka Ohta wrote:
> > I miss the days when IETF was often capable of having constructive
> > technical discussions, even when some participants' frustration was
> > evident, without the need for moderators or Tone Police.
>
> Why, do you think, the days have gone?
>
> 					Masataka Ohta

Since the last last time you mention, AFAIK, there has been a lot more focus
on language in the IETF including inclusive language which made every RFC author
more involved in considerations about language by being called out on it by
RFC editor. Likewise we have BCP 83 PR action going on. Also the LLC is pushing for
better procedures to protect IETF against legal challenges resulting from
communications/postings. We also have a new moderator team and i think new refined
moderation rules after we also in the past few years had some rather miserable
moderation/conflict resolution examples on various fronts (IMHO, your mileage may vary).

With IPv6 specifically i can also imagine that replies to comments like yours
somehow are like what happens in a random repeated groundhog day: All simple and
superficial arguments about IPv6 have been made over and over, and when people are
just tired and have better things to do, they just ignore it. If on the other
hand they think they can train for parts of the new language regime (for better
or worse) on this example, they will do that.

Cheers
    Toerless