Re: Notification to list from IETF Moderators team

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 7:39 AM Ofer Inbar <cos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 07:53:02AM -0400,
Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A step that increases intolerance (no matter how well intended) does
> not make IETF more able to incorporate diverse input to build a
> consensus.   Instead, what it does is consolidate control in the
> hands of a few people.
…

Like many other online communities and forums, there is a balance
between tolerance for people saying anything at all, and controlling
that such that it does not drive other people away.  Tolerating too
much definitely has been shown to lead to *less* diversity in many
such forums, and I highly doubt the IETF list is different.  When
people feel insulted, threatened, or even just plain unpleasant
due to their participation, it will motivate them to participate
less, so such tolerance has its flip side.

Yep. My time is limited and ietf@ is no longer a good use of it. The evidence is strongly against the hypothesis that it’s OK to be rude and unprofessional at work.

Bye.