Re: [EXTERNAL] Fun with payments, Continuing geolocation issues with the "ietf" network

It appears that Michael Richardson  <mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>Donald Eastlake <d3e3e3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What is an "OS credit card"?
>
>I assumed a typo for "non US credit card"
>
>the machines insisted upon having a zip code, which even if we were to insert
>one that was valid ("90210"), of course, it wouldn't match our CC.

The usual hack for foreign cards is 00000, but who knows.

Credit card machines in the US are a mess.  We are in the process of
going to contactless, which solves most of these problems since they
either work or they don't, but the upgrade cycle is slow.

Planning ahead for London, I can report that foreign contactless
credit cards work just fine on the Underground, or for those whose
tickets are paid for by other people, the Heathrow Express.  You tap
in and out at the gates when you enter or leave a station.

Unless you're over 60 in which case I can tell you more than you want
to know about Senior Railcards and how you add one to an Oyster card.

R's,
John