Re: [EXTERNAL] Continuing geolocation issues with the "ietf" network

Erik Kline <ek.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > the geo updates.  I wonder if the IETF prefixes are advertised from
    > anywhere in between meetings, or only just before/as the conference network
    > is coming up.

Yes, as the HackathonVPN is using address space from within the IETF
prefixes.  (The HackVPN hasn't worked for a few weeks, but it did work a bit
since IETF113)

    > I'm not sure what standard processing cycles are, but I'm sure it is on the
    > order of several weeks (perhaps only monthly).

Rather than fix it each time, it seems like the better policy would be to
insert some kind of token that says the network has no fixed address.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-