Re: [EXTERNAL] Continuing geolocation issues with the "ietf" network

It appears that Michael Richardson  <mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>Rather than fix it each time, it seems like the better policy would be to
>insert some kind of token that says the network has no fixed address.

I suspect the number of networks that would make that assertion
falsely for malicious reasons is vastly greater than the number for
which it is true.  So let's not even suggest it.

We've had the lagging geolocation problem forever, and it's clearly
different geo providers being differently out of date. Some thought I
was in Phila, some thought I was in Prague.

I don't know how hard this would be but if it's a problem that geo
provides only update announced networks, could we have a friendly
provider annouce the network between meetings, with perhaps one live
IP with a web page saying this is the IETF network which will be live
in <city> on <dates>. If we don't update the location immediately
after each meeting, that should be easy to fix.

Does a location have to be plausible?  If we're announced by Comcast
between meetings and we say we're in London or Tokyo, will they
believe it?

R's,
John