Re: [EXTERNAL] Continuing geolocation issues with the "ietf" network

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 12:48 PM Ross Finlayson <finlayson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jul 29, 2022, at 12:37 PM, Deen, Glenn (NBCUniversal) <Glenn.Deen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I think that’s part of it, but it’s also getting the various sites that consume the data to update the data they are looking at.

Maybe - but why Switzerland?  I don’t think we’ve ever met there?

113 was in Vienna, so that is odd.

One problem, as I understand it, is that consumers of https://noc.ietf.org/geo/google.csv might also be validating the prefix to see if it's announced anywhere.  If the prefix isn't announced early enough (whenever a geo processing cycle is underway) then consumers might discard the geo updates.  I wonder if the IETF prefixes are advertised from anywhere in between meetings, or only just before/as the conference network is coming up.

I'm not sure what standard processing cycles are, but I'm sure it is on the order of several weeks (perhaps only monthly).