Re: Harassment, abuse, accountability. and IETF mailing lists

It is better not to mix workplace culture and IETF culture.

I think I agree.  IETF necessarily has its own culture, distinct from workplace culture.

And yes, some people will be uncomfortable with candor, because they've been conditioned to limit their speech in other contexts.   But "professional" conditioning of that sort is harmful to IETF's purpose.   You can't expect to effectively build consensus among people who have been conditioned to withhold their opinions in their workplaces.

I would limit the above to a person will be uncomfortable without getting into the reason(s) as the person might have valid reasons not to speak up.

There are many reasons why a person might be uncomfortable about speaking up.   But IETF can probably only address the problems that are caused by IETF itself.

Keith