Re: Mail is worse than everything except all the alternatives, was Service outages planned for April 25

On 4/30/22 13:33, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

This is, at least from my perspective, rather an exaggeration of the
scope of problems.  Even though I am not even bothering with DKIM or
DMARC, or otherwise jumping through any hoops, I am not encountering any
issues with email delivery.
It probably happens to me about once a month.  But some of the delivery failures have been extremely costly.
I still find myself from time to time taking advantage of searches
through my mailbox for decade+ year old messages, something that is
simply not viable for SMS, Skype, Signal, ...  Email is the only digital
medium where one can expect to be able to retain long-term
correspondence

That's one of the many reasons that I believe that nothing else comes close to email.  When it works at all, that is.

Keith