Re: Mail is worse than everything except all the alternatives, was Service outages planned for April 25

It will certainly be an unpopular thing to say but I will say it: Protocols
wear out over time.

In principle I wouldn't disagree, but in practice I don't see how we migrate from SMTP to SMTP++ or whatever.

You know as well as anyone that for decades people have been saying e-mail is dead, everyone uses X instead, but the X keeps changing and e-mail is still around.

R's,
John

PS:

For mailing list delivery, just switch to NNTP, someone has a gateway.

I've been gatewaying IETF lists to my local NNTP server for years. Works great.