Re: I-D Action: draft-rsalz-termlimits-00.txt

This seems badly asked as you wrote it.
What you have proposed seems likely to me to make a difficult situation worse. That seems a good reason not to do it.

Trying to come up with cultural means to better encourage good candidates is something I would be happy to brainstorm on. I know that many ADs have already taken steps, like encouraging folks to run against them, to help with this. I know that many WG chairs have taken steps like having WG members serve as document shepherds to try to boost the pool of people with suitable experience to be WG chairs and ADs. I know that most nomcoms already have a bias for IESG and IAB to be questioning of folks running for third terms, and very skeptical of folks running for fourth terms. Which matches what I understand the community wants.

Most of the proposals to reduce work load for IESG members have seemed to me likely to cause more problems than they solve. I do grant that work load is part of the dis-incentive for folks running for the IESG.

So no, I do not have good answers.  But strict rules seem the wrong answer.

Yours,
Joel