Re: I-D Action: draft-rsalz-termlimits-00.txt

It appears that Salz, Rich <rsalz@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
>>    We all agree that ossification is unwelcome, but artificial turnover is not the way to avoid that.
>
>Don 't think of it as artificial turnover, think of it as forced newcomer entry if that goes down easier.

It sure seems like "we don't believe nomcoms will pick the right people so we are inventing more rules."

I agree with Barry that a convention not to appoint someone for more than N years is fine, but if we
then think we need a stick to force nomcoms to do that, we have problems that term limits won't solve.

R's,
John

PS: there is also the outlier IETF Trust, where we have specifically asked for people to stay on for
a long time because the institutional memory is so important.  I am the longest serving current trustee
and it is often useful to be able to tell the other trustees why did we do this or why didn't we do that.