Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-eggert-bcp45bis-06.txt> (IETF Discussion List Charter) to Best Current Practice

On 10/20/21 7:26 PM, Michael StJohns wrote:

Actually, "Moderator" in the meaning of "substance that slows down nuclear reactions" is apropos for this group.  Especially if we emphasize the gradual insertion of moderation as the reaction approaches critical rather than the more usual view of a list moderator as one who approves or disapproves individual posts.

I can't help but recall that slow neutrons resulting from their passage through moderating substances, can under some conditions increase the potential for nuclear meltdown (as compared with fast, unmoderated neutrons that aren't as easily captured by heavy nuclei leading to fission).

Keith