Re: I-D Action: draft-rsalz-termlimits-00.txt

It appears that Salz, Rich <rsalz@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
>>    Making rules that cause serious problems if the community does nto
>    suddenly provide something that it has failed to provide when pushed in
>    the past seems a recipe for problems
>
>Maybe.  We don't know.  We haven't tried.
>
>What's your proposed solution?

I can't help but be reminded of a recent story of a legislator, who upon
hearing that there were week-long queues of ships waiting to unload at
Los Angeles, offered to fix it by making it illegal for ships to wait
for more than three days.

Like everyone else, I would like to get more people into IETF leadership,
but for all the reasons already described I think this is more likely to
backfire than to help.

We know plenty of reasons that people are reluctant to volunteer for AD and
IAB.  Let's see if we can think of ways to address those reasons directly.

R's,
John