Re: I-D Action: draft-rsalz-termlimits-00.txt

    >> It sure seems like "we don't believe nomcoms will pick the right
    >> people so we are inventing more rules."

No.

My intent was to encourage *the overall IETF community* that it is worth trying to get into IETF leadership more often.  NomCom can't appoint someone who isn't nominated. I am trying to get a bigger pool of nominees. In my opinion, one of the most tractable ways of doing this is to break the "once a leader always a leader" view that, in my experience, discourages new people from trying.