Re: I-D Action: draft-rsalz-termlimits-00.txt

I would love to see more nominees. (I would like even more to see more skilled, capable, nominees).

Making rules that cause serious problems if the community does nto suddenly provide something that it has failed to provide when pushed in the past seems a recipe for problems. We have, multiple times, had problems of insufficient nominees. It has caused problems.
Can we please not make it worse.

Yours,
Joel

On 10/21/2021 9:44 AM, Salz, Rich wrote:
     >> It sure seems like "we don't believe nomcoms will pick the right
     >> people so we are inventing more rules."

No.

My intent was to encourage *the overall IETF community* that it is worth trying to get into IETF leadership more often.  NomCom can't appoint someone who isn't nominated. I am trying to get a bigger pool of nominees. In my opinion, one of the most tractable ways of doing this is to break the "once a leader always a leader" view that, in my experience, discourages new people from trying.