Re: List of volunteers for the 2021-2022 NomCom

On 2021-06-28, at 03:21, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> how
> much bigger we would need to make the pool to overcome the
> number of volunteers from that company, i.e., to make their
> fraction of the volunteers small enough relative to the total to
> significantly reduce the chances of their ending up with two
> Nomcom members.

Easy: randomly (*) select 10 companies (clusters) making up the nomcom, and then randomly select one volunteer from each company.

Let’s see how well this process proposal goes :-)

Grüße, Carsten

(*) OK, you get to choose the exact way this randomness works, and that may include weighting by number of volunteers.  So we may still have a way to make sure there is enough big-company representation in the nomcom.