Re: List of volunteers for the 2021-2022 NomCom

Stewart Bryant <stewart.bryant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > This has provided a statistical basis for my conclusion on initially
    > seeing this list. I imagine I am not alone.

    > This Nomcom volunteer pool is insufficiently diverse.

I mostly agree.

I don't have numbers for years before last, but my recollection is that it's
usually closer to 200, often a bit over.

    > I think the chair needs to extend the time to volunteer and encourage a
    > more diverse pool.

    > Normally the timeline is set by a need to physically meet at the summer
    > IETF, but that does not apply this year so there is more time to make
    > the selection.

I don't know if that's the right thing to do, and I'm not convinced that
we'll get more volunteers this way.  But, I don't really object to trying.

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [