Re: List of volunteers for the 2021-2022 NomCom

Joel M. Halpern <jmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > While I agree we probably have the time to reopen it, we can't just
    > decide to do so.  We can't simply change the procedures because we want
    > to (particularly note when "we" is some vocal subset of the community.)

I agree.

    > Look folks, I am not happy with the lack of diversity.  But the
    > solution to that was to get folks to volunteer.  I didn't push as hard
    > as I should have. Probably because I do not htink chair pushing helps
    > much. But I did forward the announcement to remind folks.  To all three
    > of my working groups.  I doubt it mattered.

I think that the best way to "push" is where it goes through company internal email
from the CTO or whomever pays for IETF attendance.

I wonder if some people volunteer, hoping that it will mean that they'll
"have" to travel to IETF.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )