Re: StandICT.eu funding on offer

> Il 08/05/2021 19:00 Pete Resnick <resnick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>
> The main page that Jay pointed to looks to me, at least at first glance,
> to be an announcement of an activity not sponsored or endorsed by ISOC
> or the IETF. In this case, it sounds like one that it would be good for
> IETF folks to know about, and we might agree ones like this in the
> future should not be looked sideways at. Are we OK with all Internet
> technology grant announcements on this list? What about job
> opportunities?

For clarity, StandICT is not a generic Internet technology grant covering expenses to develop a technology, which may include IETF costs but also many others. StandICT is a program specifically aimed at covering the costs of attending Internet standardization organizations, including the IETF.

I understand and share the sensitivity on not allowing "advertising" on this list, but I think that information about programs specifically designed to cover the costs of attending the IETF should be declared in topic, at least in terms of an announcement with pointers.

Optionally, this could even be extended to announcements about programs, tools and opportunities that could foster more diversity in the IETF, though that may prove too vague and open to abuse. I would dare to say that we could require such announcements to be vetted by the Executive Director in advance, but I'm sure that some will find that too centralized :-)

--
Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bertola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx