Re: StandICT.eu funding on offer

Hi Pete, John,
At 10:00 AM 08-05-2021, Pete Resnick wrote:
All I meant was that we should have a real discussion about whether or not it fit and write down our conclusion somewhere so that we don't need to have this discussion again.

I exchanged a few emails with some students from Europe about a decade ago. They encountered an attendance problem because of funding. The funding offer could be advantageous to both the IETF and the few students/participants receiving funding. Sending funding offers is usually frowned upon as that is not the purpose of this mailing list. However, the interaction on the topic is more important than figuring out whether the message fits within the charter. It would be useful to write down something if there was a recurring problem.