Re: StandICT.eu funding on offer

On 7 May 2021, at 10:14, Andrew G. Malis wrote:

I disagree about the charter call. The mailman description for the general IETF list is "This mailing list is for general topics of discussion relating to items within the IETF community. This is a public list for the IETF community to use. Any items posted are subject to the rules of BCP 78 and BCP 79." This posting certainly fits that description, it's very much of interest to the community.

But it doesn't fit the IETF list charter, RFC 3005:

Inappropriate postings include:

- Announcements of conferences, events, or activities that are not
  sponsored or endorsed by the Internet Society or IETF.

I'm not saying that we can't decide to allow postings like this; it might be a very good thing. But we need to explicitly make that decision, and explain why this one is OK and other similar posts might still be problematic (if so).

pr

--
Pete Resnick https://www.episteme.net/
All connections to the world are tenuous at best