Re: StandICT.eu funding on offer

--On Saturday, May 8, 2021 13:16 +0200 Amelia Andersdotter
<amelia.ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I disagree with the two interventions above based on RFC3005:
> "The IETF discussion list, ietf@xxxxxxxx, /.../ is the most
> general IETF mailing list, [where] considerable latitude is
> allowed."
>
> A short, one-sentence message from the IETF executive director
> outlining an opportunity to fund participation in IETF
> meetings must reasonably fit within "considerable latitude".

> Amelia Andersdotter
> IETF SHMOO WG Co-Chair

But that, IMO, takes us into a much more difficult place.  While
Jay is entitled to his personal opinions --and I have found they
are usually useful to listen to-- the moment the IETF Executive
Director starts making decisions about what is, or is not,
appropriate on ietf@xxxxxxxx, we are, again IMO, halfway down
the slippery slops toward the LLC regulating and interfering in
the standards process.

YMMD and obviously does, but I wish you would avoid explicitly
identifying yourself as a WG Chair when you express them,
something that normally implies giving your position extra
weight.

best,
  john