Re: Updated IESG Statement "IESG Processing of RFC Errata for the IETF Stream"

On 09-May-21 01:54, Michael Richardson wrote:

> Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     > Does the IESG plan to catch up on old reported errata that have never been processed?
>
>     > There are three here for example:
>     > https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/rfc6275, as much as 4 years
>     > old. There may be a lot more lurking.
>
> We need to fix the tooling to delegate to WG chairs to propose actions.

Yes, except when the WG no longer exists.

> Maybe we want ADs to confirm (like milestones), but I don't think we'll ever
> deal with backlog until we can easily keep up with current efforts.

I'm sure that's true too.

Dare I suggest monthly nag messages, to the WG chairs if they exist, or to the responsible AD otherwise? Or a least, a page that lists all unprocessed errata and their age in days. At the moment I think we don't even know the size of the backlog.

    Brian