Re: Status of this memo

On 4/27/21 11:37 AM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:

Keith, you seem to be4 asking for a change in established practice.  You apparently don't like the practice.
If you want it changed, you need to make an argument, get support, etc.
Objecting to a proposal because you want something else to be different seems rather odd.

To clarify, I'm objecting to the proposal because I think it will exacerbate the harm done by an already dubious practice.

Getting groups to think differently about "adoption" is a much more subtle, and therefore more difficult, problem.

Keith