Re: the old fellowship program, was Wow, we're famous

On 15/4/21 11:06, Salz, Rich wrote:
    I am more and more convinced that, instead on counting on some centralized way to attract new people and then get complaints when they do not stay, maybe there is a better way would permit to achieve our goal in a more distributed way.  I do not think that group mentorship for the IETF is working -- I tried at a previous company, and none of the mentorees are still participating, so that's not the way.

One idea I had, which I mentioned to Lars when we chatted after the Nomcom selections, was an "invite a friend" program. If you come to the IETF, and you "sponsor" a colleague, then they get reduced/free admission. Of course, all sorts of details to be worked out there. But I hoped it could encourage distributed diversity.

Please define diversity. If by diversity you mean "some new face from a popular company, from one of the usual countries", maybe we have a different understanding on what diversity means.

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
e-mail: fernando@xxxxxxxxxxx || fgont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx